The M Transit System Increased Efforts to Fight Coronavirus-COVID-19
To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, The M is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. The M is taking precautions to ensure that our facilities and fleet are clean and hygienic. This includes daily cleaning of buses and facilities with extra disinfectants to prevent the spread of any viruses.
Listed below are the steps that our staff takes to clean buses and facilities:
- Wear gloves while sanitizing and cleaning the interior of the bus equipment or handling waste products such as tissues/napkins.
- Follow the recommended bus/equipment cleaning procedures to disinfect surfaces.
- All passenger furniture, armrests, door handles, lavatory surfaces, handrails, and environmental surfaces are cleaned using bleach solutions.
We are making available to our employee’s gloves and masks as needed to help curb the spread of germs.
We are asking the riding public to be mindful of the proper precautions to help slow the spread of germs. We have listed below some guidelines to follow:
Your safety while riding is our highest priority. Help prevent the spread of Coronavirus using these tips:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough with your elbow or use a tissue and throw it away immediately.
- Wash your hands often using soap for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer if there is no soap.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you are sick, please stay home and take care of yourself. Call your doctor or clinic and report your symptoms to a medical professional.
For additional information and prevention tips, please visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19
There are no plans currently to suspend bus service. If there are any changes to service, we will make the proper notifications via local media as needed.