Class “C” Mechanic
Class “C” Mechanic – Starting Pay $24.00 per hour
This position is responsible for the Safe operating condition of all THE M vehicles. To ensure proper repair maintenance procedures are followed and perform these duties in a safe working environment. Repair THE M vehicles as may be required following manufactures guidelines and THE M policies.
- Be able to make any and all repair of THE M vehicles.
- Be able to perform repairs in a reasonable length of time.
- Be able to work without the aid of supervision.
- Be able to perform service on any THE M vehicles.
- Have the ability to supervise other employees in the maintenance department as directed.
- Maintain an open line of communication with supervision.
- Repair vehicles accordingly to THE M policies and or manufactures guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Proper tracking of repairs, parts, and supplies for accountability.
- Must posses a valid CDL “B” license with passenger and towing endorsement
- Must not have any major violations on driving record in the past 2 years.
- Must be able to perform duties of a Mechanic to include but not limited to lifting, bending, stooping, and any movements required to perform his or her duties.
- Must be able to read and write clearly.
- Must poses mechanics tools as needed with the exception of specialty tools.
- ASE certified preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent or any combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position of “C” Mechanic.
- Must be able to pass a physical and Drug/Alcohol screening exam.
Essential Job Functions
- Repair any and all THE M vehicles as per manufacture specifications and under direction of THE M policies and supervision.
- Have the ability to diagnose mechanical problems and issues to repair.
- Have a general knowledge of computer operation.
- See to proper repair of THE M vehicles to ensure proper amount for turn outs.
- Effectively interact with supervision and management regarding any functions of the repair and shop procedures.
- Maintain a professional approach to the duties assigned.
- Maintain and follow a safe and secure working environment.
- Follow all polices and procedures set forth by THE M.
- Be able to seek out further guidance when repairing something that is unfamiliar.
- Effectively interact with co workers to assist with training and instruction as needed.